Tuesday, January 24, 2012

{Tutorial} Signature Labels

These are easy little labels that you can use for Valentine's cards, thank you notes, birthday tags, or just for practicing!

I started this when my daughter was three. Here is the full tutorial.  She couldn't yet write, but she could trace. And yes, her little "signature" inside of cards was really adorable, but she really wanted to write her own name.

This year, I made them for my Henry!

How to make these:  1.  You need labels, and a traceable font, and I used MS Word.  2.  Follow my Tutorial for Signature Labels for Pre-Writers.  Print out one full sheet in MS Word.  Don't know if the Windows version is different, but on my Mac I just click Tools, Labels, choose a font, and type in the name where it asks for address, select the correct label size you are using, *click* Full Page of the Same Label, OK.  
3.  I used the font called  It is a free font, too, at Fontspace.com!  Two more freebies that are similar to this are Trace (at fontspace.com) and National First Font (at dafont.com) has a dotted option.

Thereyago!

Did you notice that owl?....come back tomorrow!

If you like it...
Pin It
Linking here:
Photobucketcraft Keeping It Simple

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing that font! I will have to use these for my little man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! What a great way to teach kids how to write their names and what kiddo doesn't love stickers?! This would also make a fun spelling/ matching type game with pictures they could stick the word to... gosh so many options- really a PHENOMENAL idea, Kate! Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...