Friday, January 27, 2012

{5} Little Crafty Things to make in bulk!

(...gifties that will improve my craft-credibility! Which I need after last weekend.) Did you see my un-crafty gift tags on Monday? ugh.

Which led me to the idea that I need to just make some crafts in bulk. I mean like sitting down on a Friday night, catching up with the week's TV shows, and making about a dozen or two of these things. I can store these items in a small box and have them ready to deploy at a moment's notice!  Because when I try to be crafty and make a last-minute gift, at the last minute, it looks less like cute and mostly like crap. Then I don't look crafty, I look crappy.

{Friday 5} Gifty Things to Make in Bulk
1. Gift Tags.  Here are some free printable polka dot printable tags from hello, Good Gravy. There are a zillion out there. My #1 and #2 go-to sites are Tip Junkie and Living Locurto.  Others I like are:  Solid Tags from Pugly Pixel, Cupcake Tags from Pink Owl Designs, adorable hand drawn tags from Little Paper Dog,

2. Recycled Gift Bows.  This one is from Hope Studios.  More tutorials can be found at New Green Mama, Hope Studios,  and How About Orange


3. Thank you cards and birthday cards.  A couple cute ones here are (3top) Kids thank you note from Positively Splendid, via Somewhat Simple and (3bottom) Thank you card from Sweet Metel Moments.  More you might like:   Aqua or Purple dotted thank yous from Living Locurto, Pink flowered card kit at My Grafico.


4. Gift Add-ons or Favors.  Things like, felt hair bows, trinket keepers, scrabble tile necklaceBottle Cap Magnets...basically anything you can add to a kid's (or adult's for that matter) birthday present or bring as a hostess gift.  And you can see this idea goes on and on....

5. Fabric flowers and rosettes.  Tons of tutorials (These blogs have some great tutorials:  My Sparkle, Skip to My Lou, Craftaholics Anonymous, My Blonde Ambition, and Mad Mim...to name a few.
Here are my tips to make a rolled flower.

Because the possibilities are endless for what they can be used for!
screen shot:  "fabric flower" Yahoo! Image search
...or even put a flower on the gift itself!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, it's just a matter of sitting down and cranking these things out. Then I don't kick myself when I need them and don't have time to make any. Thanks for stopping over!

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...