Friday, May 27, 2011

Kitchen Shortcut: Super Fast, No-Mess, Real Deal Chicken Nuggets


A few weeks ago, I showed you how to prep and freeze your chicken. Right? Well, here is one reason why. Now you can make super healthy chicken nuggets. I bet you'll make it this way from now on, too.

My kids like chicken nuggets. They don't love them because they are a meat, and they just can't get into meat. But when I learned that they were more than willing to eat a McNugget...I knew this was my chance!


Here is my kitchen shortcut for:
Super-fast-No-clean-up Real-Deal Chicken Nuggets.
(You are going to thank me for this one.)

You will need:
- Your frozen chicken strips, thawed still in the bag
- Breadcrumbs (any flavor, try plain and add parmesan cheese,  or even crushed cereal)
- Parchment paper on a baking sheet

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Pour a guestimated amount of breadcrumbs into the bag and close it back up. Just dump them in. Don't worry about the liquid in the bag. You can keep this simple and add more crumbs or make this difficult and drain the liquid. Shake bag until the strips are coated with crumbs. Repeat until you are satisfied with the coating.


3. Lay chicken on your parchment paper lined baking sheet. I use tongs or a fork to get the strips out. You don't want to crowd the strips or baking will be uneven and longer. If you have too many just use another pan. Throw bag in trash.


4. Bake at 375 for approximately 15-20 min. I say "approximately" because ovens are all different and chicken done-ness is a preference. My kids won't eat tough, overcooked chicken. But once you find your number, that's the time to set everytime. Of course check them and if they are done (not shiny or pink) take them out.

5. Slide the parchment to a serving dish. Viola!

I hope you enjoy the simplicity of this!

Side note:  I know that this is not the proper way to bread chicken (dredge in flour, dip in egg, roll in crumbs).  I know that.  I have three kids.  I need fast.  Easy.  I have switched to this way because it is not messy and it works. Yes, this is similar to a shake and bake, but the breadcrumbs have less oil and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...