Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Celebrating the Boy

I know I have been absent. I told you about the Celebrate the Boy month over at Made and Made by Rae. Then I vanish. (Took care of sick kids all week.)

Then, what THE...I post Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes?!

I know. But what you haven't seen are all the cuuuute pants I have been sewing for my youngest BOY behind the scenes. I got inspired from the tutorial on Made to make your own pants pattern (here). Then my friend (you know who you are) asked me to sew some pillow cases from a sheet that she bought my mistake. These were BOY pillow cases. Then you know what she did when I gave her the leftover scraps still very useful pieces of sheet? She said she would throw them away. gasp! I know! I couldn't let her do that. So I took them back and made some comfy pants for my little BOY from the rest of that sheet.

Sewed up two more pairs of pull on jeans for my littlest BOY. Pics later.

Patched up jeans that my oldest BOY tore the knees out of. And these are cool repairs, people. Not those crappy-looking iron-on rounded corner rectangles our parents used. Cool ones! Tutorial on that coming soon...

Made an shirt and tie for my oldest BOY that could possibly be worn on Easter. It is not super dressy. Just comfy, 6-yr old dressy. From thrift store goods, too.

Will make a pair of pants for my youngest BOY from the rest of that thrifted dress shirt.

And I have one more idea on the table. My friend (you know the one who was going to throw away the sheet) and I saw this tutorial on Celebrate the Boy from Kojo Designs. It is pants from scrap t-shirts. We are so going to make them. My friend has a trash bag of shirts for this project. I think she is going to clothe all the pant-less BOYS in the city!

1 comment:

  1. Friend who throws away fabricMarch 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM

    OH I LOVE GUEST STARRING ON A BLOG!!!!!! When are we going to make those pants????

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...